Sunday, February 26, 2017

Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts (2016)

It's time to go through the Oscar nominations again! The past five years I attempted to make analyses of the Oscar nominated short films. Last year I had other stuff to do, but now I'm back! Albeit a bit late.

Below is a list of the animated short films that got nominated, the people that got credited for them as well as the studios involved in their creation.

In the next post I'll add trailers (or the full short films where possible), a synopsis of the film and my personal analysis of the short film.
(Full list of Oscar nominees can be found here: http://oscar.go.com/nominees )


Animated short film nominations:

Blind Vaysha
Theodore Ushev, director
(National Film Board of Canada)


Borrowed Time
Andrew Coats and Lou Hamou-Lhadj, directors
(Interplay Entertainment)




















Pear Cider and Cigarettes
Robert Valley, director, and Cara Speller, producer
(Massive swerve studios, Passion Pictures Animation)




















Pearl
Patrick Osborne, director
(Google)




















Piper
Alan Barillaro, director, and Marc Sondheimer, producer
(Pixar)




















I've only seen the trailers of these, except for Piper which I've seen and I totally loved. Seeing as recently the Oscar for this category usually (not always) goes to Disney or Pixar, I'm guessing up front that this will go to Piper. So that means that this time around, I'll be seeing how the other short films measure up to Piper.

(Unfortunately, my next post will come out after the winner has been announced, but no matter! It's still a fun and educational experience seeing and writing about the short films.)

No comments:

Post a Comment